Monday, October 18, 2010

Higher Order Multiples Crash Course

Recently some comments were made regarding triplet pregnancies that got me thinking. No one really gets it except for those of us who have been there and done that. So this post is for everyone who has not been there. A little Higher Order Multiple (HOM) crash course.

1.You have not been there done that just because you have 3 children close in age.

2. When you ask if triplets run in my family I know what you are really asking.

3. My fertility is really none of your business.

4. "You've got your hands full" and "Better you than me" are not good conversation starters.

5. Yes I realize 3 is better than 8. Thanks Ocotomom!

6. Staring at them because there are 3 is not appropriate unless you are under the age of 5.

7. Holding the door and stating "what a blessing" is welcomed

8. Commenting on how gigantic my stroller is does not bother me. I realize it's ridiculously huge.

9. Glaring at me as I try to push my stroller makes me want to punch you!

10. Calling my kids this triplets is NOT ok. Learn their names, unless you want me to start referring to you by your most identifiable characteristic (fat lady, stupid guy, big nose etc).

11. A mixed gender set can not be identical. Boys have a penis, enough said.

12. I don't know if I am done having kids. Is there a rule that you can only have 3?

13. I know I am crazy to bring 3 three year olds to Cub but we need milk too!

I love my life, I love my kids. I know, I know you can't IMAGINE having 3 at once. But if you did you would do it and love it (most of the time)! It is not all sunshine and roses there are triple the fights, bills, tantrums, and illnesses. But how can you not love triple the smiles, hugs, kisses and "I love yous".

*EDITED TO ADD: To my friends and family, you have always been great and supportive. This is NOT at anyone directly, just more a FYI for everyone about the things that get under my skin when it comes to my kids*

5 comments:

glp said...

wow.. came for some pumpkin patch pictures and now i feel like i got my ass kicked with words.. sorry if i did any of those things :( re: #2..what are they asking?

The Hanlins said...

Sorry...rough day for me in the HOM department. NO you have not done any of those things. #2 is really the around the bush way of saying did you take drugs:) LOVE YOU!

Janelle said...

I'm having a rough day with my little ones. They have ear infections, and they are puking too. :( I SO agree with some of your statements! Definitely a good read on a rough day.

Bonnie@TheFragileXFiles said...

Well said.

Peter and Alison plus 3 said...

Made me smile! :)