Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A tradition that will NOT continue!

Alison here. So I tried to start a tradition this year. I bought this for $8.99. Perfect pre-baked gingerbread. All I have to do is stick it together and let the kids go crazy with candies. Easy, right?
MOMS-DON'T DO IT. Total nightmare, walls falling down, icing everywhere and 6 little hands trying to "help" me. After 15 minutes of trying to keep the house standing I gave up and went to plan B.

Slap some frosting on 3 pieces of the house

divide candies 3 ways
and decorate one HUGE gingerbread cookie.

Now one would think the next step would be eat, but not for my little angels. Bed time was not going well that night so they were warned that they needed to quiet down. 5 minutes later this is who ate the gingerbread....
as my 3 sad children watched and screamed. Looking on the bright side, they got back in their beds and I did not hear a peep for the rest of the night. So although I don't think I started a new tradition, I did get the point across that I mean business!

1 comments:

GretchenP said...

yikes.. yeah thankfully i've made those before as an adult.. there's been a hair dryer involved to dry the stupid thing. that's why i HIGHLY encouraged ry to pick the tree this year. if you haven't completely traumatized them from gingerbread try that next year! :)