Monday, January 10, 2011

Triple the laughs

Tonight as the kids were getting ready for bed, they were running around shirtless giggling about their belly buttons. They were poking one anothers belly buttons and pushing out their little bellies with glee. I wanted to join in the fun. So I lifted my shirt to expose my belly. The fun stopped.

Addison, "Mom your belly button is gone!" she said in a puzzled and concerned tone.

My belly button ruined the fun:(


The other night I was asking the kids what they did at school. They recently read the book"The Mitten" and have been pretending to be the animals that go in the mitten.

Me "Did you play the mitten game today?"

Morgan "Yes"

Me "What animal were you?"

Morgan in a serious tone "I was the rabbit. I don't like being the rabbit."

Me "Why?" (expecting her to say I wanted to the the fox or the hedgehog or something)

Morgan "I want to be Morgan."

Me "Well you are still Morgan but you can pretend to be other things too for fun."

Morgan "Mom I am Morgan, I am a person, I am not an animal!"

That's my concrete thinker!

0 comments: