Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A proud mom/OT moment:)

It's just me, Alison. Most of you probably won't be near as excited about the picture below as I am, but I had to share. This picture is Addison's first time stringing beads and she did great. I know...what is the big deal? Stringing beads is tough! You need hand eye coordintaion, bilateral coordination, sequencing skills, attention, and an appropriate grasping patterns (I know enough therapy talk!) The OT in me is just beaming!! When I found out I was pregnant with 3 babies I prepared myself that they were going to be premature and delayed. Every time they reach a developmental milestone ON TIME or ahead it makes me so happy. So anyway, WAY TO GO ADDISON!
Other new devleopment news since we are on the topic, SPEECH. Here'e the words we have added to our vocabulary:

Eli: please, Mo-mo (Morgan), Add (Addison), Patty (their ECFE teacher), Shelby, and Sydney
Morgan: Add, I (Eli), Shelby, Sydney, Patty, poop
Addison: Mo-Mo, I, Baby (if she's not sure what it is, it's a baby), Shelby, Sydney, Airplane, Patty, poop

Addison and Eli have also learned how to shake their heads no. Of course we don't take them seriously!

This picture is just because. They just decided, lets sit nice and take a picture for mom. Why can't it ever be when I want them to? Oh yeah, because they are toddlers!
Gotta run, Eli has gotten himself into some trouble upstairs (he's supposed to be sleeping).

4 comments:

Brandi & Jennie said...

Way to go Addison! I am impressed by all of their words too! Kailyn's 2 favorite things to say are "I pee" or "I poop" so she is right up there with your kids :) Love the picture of the three of them sitting so nice!

glp said...

...lol.. only you al! where'd ya get the stringing beads?? now i feel we must work on OT type skills instead of pushing trains around a track!! :)

GettingFit said...

Where did you get the stringing beads? Taylor would love something like that because it is practical!!!!

The Hanlins said...

I got the beads as a gift from a fellow OT when I was pregnant. I think you could get them at Lakshore learning.