Wednesday, May 12, 2010

It happens every time!

Here were are a little less than 2 months from the kids 3rd birthday and it's happening AGAIN!! Every year (it's not like there have been a lot of years, but some days it feels like it!) right before their birthday they turn into terrors. I don't even remember what the deal was around their first birthday, but I remember thinking 11 months is bad. Then came 23 months and I thought 23 months is terrible!! We were entering the "testing" stage and all of them were on constant time out. Here we are again at almost 3 and someone has been in trouble all day every day for the past week or 2. Eli growls at the girls endlessly and tries to anger them however her can. I know boys with boys, but REALLY can we stop already?!?!?! Then there is the arguing between them, fights were a lot easier when they did not have such good verbal skills!

So there you have it. Life is not all roses here at the Hanlin family. Thankfully, I have a wonderful husband who bears the brunt of it while I am at work. I could never do what he does!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aren't children wonderful!!! I can't wait until you have 3 annoying 7 year olds or 3 sassy 12 year olds. It will be so fun to sit back and watch you.

GRANDPA BUBBA said...

WECOME TO THE REAL WORLD OF PARENTING. CAN WAIT TIL THEY 12 GOING ON 22 LIKE SOMEONE ELSE I KNOW WAS. GRANDPA BUBBA

Anonymous said...

I read somewhere (helpful?) that 1/2 birthdays and birthdays are times of enormous change/growth and CRAZY behavior is very normal considering all their little bodies are going through.,, x3 for you....God bless you!