Friday, February 12, 2010

And the medals go to...

In the spirit of the Olympics I decided to use this blog post to give my kids medals based on their potty skills. Good thing I only have triplets, I would hate for any children to not medal!

The bronze goes to:

Eli
He tries hard and gets to the potty in time about 50% of the time. But often gets too into certain tasks like eating, watching Dora, and playing cars and realizes the need to go after the fact. He often has a tendency to not "drain the hose" completely, leading to a second potty break shortly after the first. Either he's doing this to get 2 M&Ms out of the deal or really doesn't know when he's done. He's doing better than expected so as a mom I am happy with the bronze!

The Silver goes to:
Addison
I am shocked she did not get the gold, she is by far the most interested in the potty. She makes it about 75% of the time but also gets too caught up eating and watching Dora to realize she needs to go. She did catch herself after she dribbled a bit and yelled "I need to go potty!" I replied, "Then come here" Her response, "Come get me!" I walked out to find her paralyzed with fear that if she moved she would pee some more. She's striving for the gold-she sat there for about 45 minutes today willing a #2 to come out so she could get a sucker, never did happen. Keep working Addison, you'll get there!

The gold goes to:
Morgan
Pictures of Morgan on the potty have to be from the chest up. She likes the hike that dress really high just to make sure it doesn't get wet and we don't want to post the goods on the blog. She is the potty champ. One accident today and actually goes almost every time she sits down. On a funny note, in the bathtub tonight she stood up and announced "I get a candy!" My response, "if you just peed in the tub, no you don't get a candy." Her smile disappeared and she walked away...EWWW!

Congratulations to all the winners! Today has continued to go well. I put underwear on them and tried to do our normal stuff just to see how they did. A few more accidents than yesterday, but they are independently seeking out the potty for the most part. Tomorrow we try with underwear AND pants on. Lots of laundry, but hey we they can't live in just underwear and a shirt forever!

Is there anything cuter...

In other potty related news. I got these foam, western themed stickers at the dollar store as something to pass the many hours we would spend at home for potty training. After opening them I now realize why they were at the dollar store:
Nothing says family fun like beer mugs, rifles and revolvers!

Happy potty training everyone and if you are sick of reading about my kids body fluids...STOP READING THE BLOG!! Good night:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe you could announce on facebook when you are done and it's safe to come back? thanks spaz. :)

glp said...

oh.. that was me.. i'd never be anonymous. :)

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful fat ,puffycunt